Subject: Re: Help me a little. Please!
From: [email-masked] (Chris Hodges)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 95 21:02:37 CET

[email-masked] (Anders Nygren) wrote on 11.12.1995 some text under the
subject Help me a little. Please!. I can't leave this uncommentated ;-)

AN> Does anyone have a nice fileselector made in interface
AN> and is well remarked?

I haven't done one yet, as I don't like the interface language ;-)

AN> By the way. Does anyone know how I fast can check
AN> how many files there is in a directory

The only (!) way is to read out the whole directory. No other possibility.

AN> and is it possible
AN> to redimension a variable after I already have dimensioned it?

No. For your file requester thingy, I would use a bank for the directory
data or an array of fixed maximum size for the data.

Bye, Chris Hodges <[email-masked]>       __   __
A4000/60/8MB/420HD/CD; AMOS Extension-Coder __  ///  / / _____
GCS d H s-:++ !g p? !au a18 w++ v? C+++     \\\///  / /_/ ___/ LOGOUT
E---- N++ K- W------ -po+ t++@ !5 j-- R+ G?  \XX/   \__/ __/  FASCISM!
tv- b+ D-- B? e+(++)* u++ h! f !r n+ !y+ AMIGA RULEZ!  \/

Ainderby Quernhow (n.)
  One who continually bemoans the 'loss' of the word 'gay' to the
  English language, even though they had never used the word in any
  context at all until the started complaining that they couldn't use
  it any more.
(from: "The Deeper Meaning of Liff")